• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2254

Re: Santa Barbara finally up on archive

#236931 1 year, 8 months ago
Griff wrote:
amusingdeva wrote:
That Santa Barbara show was a magical show for me, despite Bobby's mess-ups!


Can you say why??? On some earlier threads I complained about the security there. But it really was just me venting as it really wasn't as bad as it seemed, it was the more the guy who decided to interlope in our row creating an uncomfortable environment.

This new addition to the archive is well appreciated for me. I listened to the 1st set, and remembered that if you had asked at intermission, I think I too might have described that evening as magical as well. Easy drive, close parking and best yet, got a great set of tickets at the office box when we got there and sold/traded our other ticks (thanks to the bro who I traded with that did not lie).

My bro and I sat there for an hour at our seats enjoying some beer and wine with literally no one in our section let alone row, and when the music started it was only half full at best. It was a great 1st set with lots or room and cool people around us.

Then came half time and a great conversation with a bro and his wife from Chicago on their honeymoon. And then came the interloper, dressed in disguise. And the 2nd set sucked (for me, my bro, the cool couple from Chicago and another to the right of us) until he finally left during one of the Viola verses. Oh well.

Funny story when I look back! Especially because all the shows in the fall tour up to that point had been 100% drama free for the most part. Seattle was quiet and open. Portland we had a nice space and cool people around us. Greek I loved as was in Section A and just danced around the perimeter for both shows.

Anyone know the SBDs are so selective???? Other then the obvious regarding comments from the shows and tapers about bad taping locations (eg off to the side at SB Bowl) and subsequently no recordings.


I think we may have "talked" about this once on another thread. On a personal level, my own head space, the vibe, people & energy around me can sometimes make or ruin a show. We had GA floor, got in early and were up on the rail. Made friendly with all the folks around us.

Security was sort of crazy about employ water bottles at the gate - had to check the bottle at the gate! Plus what was up with no lids allowed on a bottle of water you purchased there? We went to Peter Gabriel 2 nights later and lids were not an issue then. Odd... But security in the pit was cool and it was not overcrowded, we even got a security person to take our photo.

Anyhow, I thought the energy of the band was high from the first notes and stayed that way through the whole show. Bobby seemed happier than usual, even though during Brokedown he completely forgot the words and had to be tutored by John. Jonathan Wilson flubbing up Sugaree was probably the low point. Loved the second set.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by amusingdeva.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3279
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Santa Barbara finally up on archive

#236969 1 year, 8 months ago
Griff wrote:
funky420 wrote:
Great, now I can relive the orgy the people in front of us were having


That was one of the more interesting stories I have to admit. I had one similar experience the Thursday night at Edgefield where the couple that landed in fron of me seemed bit more preoccupied with each other versus the music. A bit uncomfortable but hey, at least they seemed to be in love......


I wish it would have been as simple as a couple making out or even making love but unfortunately it was a 4 guys and two girls and EXTREMELY graphic. Unlike you the second set was far more enjoyable for me because it was dark and I could focus more on the show.
The voices tell me what to say
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2254

Re: Santa Barbara finally up on archive

#237124 1 year, 8 months ago
funky420 wrote:
Griff wrote:
funky420 wrote:
Great, now I can relive the orgy the people in front of us were having


That was one of the more interesting stories I have to admit. I had one similar experience the Thursday night at Edgefield where the couple that landed in fron of me seemed bit more preoccupied with each other versus the music. A bit uncomfortable but hey, at least they seemed to be in love......


I wish it would have been as simple as a couple making out or even making love but unfortunately it was a 4 guys and two girls and EXTREMELY graphic. Unlike you the second set was far more enjoyable for me because it was dark and I could focus more on the show.


Kids these days!
Griff
Expert Boarder
Posts:851
Don't you see........

Re: Santa Barbara finally up on archive

#237285 1 year, 8 months ago
Man, that still is just a strange story. I agree, I would NOT have wanted to see that at all. Just too weird. Too distracting.

That was my only "complaint" about the coupple in front of me at PDX. Just kind of distracting. No, not you Deva I am sure :>)

Yes, it was a fun night and the music was good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, amusingdeva
funky420
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3279
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Santa Barbara finally up on archive

#237291 1 year, 8 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
funky420 wrote:
Griff wrote:
funky420 wrote:
Great, now I can relive the orgy the people in front of us were having


That was one of the more interesting stories I have to admit. I had one similar experience the Thursday night at Edgefield where the couple that landed in fron of me seemed bit more preoccupied with each other versus the music. A bit uncomfortable but hey, at least they seemed to be in love......


I wish it would have been as simple as a couple making out or even making love but unfortunately it was a 4 guys and two girls and EXTREMELY graphic. Unlike you the second set was far more enjoyable for me because it was dark and I could focus more on the show.


Kids these days!



These weren't kids, they were easily in their fifties!
The voices tell me what to say
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2254

Re: Santa Barbara finally up on archive

#237310 1 year, 8 months ago
funky420 wrote:
amusingdeva wrote:
funky420 wrote:


I wish it would have been as simple as a couple making out or even making love but unfortunately it was a 4 guys and two girls and EXTREMELY graphic. Unlike you the second set was far more enjoyable for me because it was dark and I could focus more on the show.


Kids these days!


These weren't kids, they were easily in their fifties!


Old people these days!

Seriously, I hope the kids weren't there for that.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Posts:851
Don't you see........

Re: Santa Barbara finally up on archive

#237351 1 year, 8 months ago
Bro - now that you say they were in the 50s..........it make it WORSE. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2254

Re: Santa Barbara finally up on archive

#238458 1 year, 8 months ago
Griff wrote:
Bro - now that you say they were in the 50s..........it make it WORSE. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


Hey - watch it!!! (says the 50-year old)
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds